Doctor insights on:
Can Children Have Gerd
I've been diagnosed with bipolar, gerd, & fibromyalgia. Is there any way to determine the likelihood that my future children will have the same problem?
Both my children were born with gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly called gerd. Is this genetic?
Reflux is universal: For a baby to burp (like you want) it refluxes air from the stomach. A wet burp is the same event with a little added.All babies reflux to some degree & their flat position to rest aggravates the process.Some babies become agitated after a while from the stomach acids that accompany the reflux events & improve with treatment. We don't label reflux a disease unless the kid has life altering sx. ...Read more
No: There is no relation between the two. ...Read more
Can children get gastroesophageal reflux disease? My 8-year-old has been complaining about burning in her chest after eating certain foods. Is it possible that she has gerd, or is it only an adult disease?
Maybe: Gerd is usually controlled with lifestyle changes and medication. There are some who are "cured" with certain surgical procedures which don't allow the stomach contents to reflux up into the esophagus. See your pcp or a gastroenterologist or a surgeon who specializes in this area. Surgery is usually reserved for those who cannot get control with medications or have other reasons. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can shy children have autism?
- Can a man with one testicle have children?
- Can children have different blood types than parents?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a paralyzed man have children?
- Can dwarfs have children?
- Can you get endometriosis after having children?
- Can a man on dialysis have children?
- Talk to a pediatrician online