Doctor insights on:
Can Chewing Tobacco Put You At Risk For Cancer In The Mouth
Mouth (mouth) " n. Pl. Mouths 1. A. The body opening through which an animal takes in food. B. The cavity lying at the upper end of the alimentary canal, bounded on the outside by the lips and inside by the oropharynx and containing in higher vertebrates the tongue, gums, and teeth. C. This cavity regarded as the source of sounds and speech. D. The opening to any cavity or canal ...Read more
I understand that chewing tobacco is a cause of mouth cancer, but can use of methamphetamine also cause cancer in the mouth?
Short answer is yes.: Any irritant consistently applied to tissue can cause premalignant lesions that can later turn malignant. If you are abusing methamphetamines, then other systemic health problems may also ensue that are just as serious! please call your physician, dentist or drug help line for help as soon as possible! don't ruin your life! ...Read more
Unknown: The risk of mouth cancer is increased with tobacco exposure: smoked or chewed. How long it takes is not easy to answer. The risk does diminish over time with cessation of tobacco exposure. It is recommended that all tobacco exposure be stopped. This sometimes requires professional help and counselling. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It varies wildly: Chewing tobacco induces cancer by direct contact & by dissolving cancer producing chemicals in the saliva that pools in the floor of the mouth under the tongue. There are high school kids who develop cancer in a few years while others develop more slowly. Chewing tobacco has many other harmful effects of periodontal bone loss, gum infections, increased decay, poor wound healing, nicotine addiction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Leukoplakia: The tissues will turn white and have the look of almost being cooked or smoke cured. If this persists over time it causes the cells to mutate trying to repair the constant assault of chemicals, only to fail with over production of cancer cells. Bottom line........Stop. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can masturbation put you at risk for vulvar cancer?
- How can you tell the difference in anal cancer and hemorrhoids?
- Can you get chlamydia in the mouth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Mouth ulcers and cold sores can you have both at the same time
- What can you put on a blister in your mouth to relieve pain baby orajel?
- What can you expect in the final stages of metastasis lung and brain cancer?
- How long can you live with metastatic cancer of the bowels in the liver?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free