Doctor insights on:
Can Cellulitis Cause Bruising
Yes: Cellulitis is a description of a skin infection most commonly caused by staphylococcus or streptococcus. If the organism causing the infection spreads to the blood stream sepsis and shock can result. Sepsis can be fatal, especially in someone with other medical problems like diabetes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Trauma can injure the liver, causing devitalized tissue which can get infected resulting in abscess, but this is not the usual scenario. If the liver is injured, fluid or blood can collect around or within the liver, which can secondarily get infected and result in an abscess. Depending on the size and presentation, drainage and antibiotics are often indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Sun exposure will not cause phlebitis; however, prolonged sun exposure can result in dehydration and subsequent sluggish venous flow, and in that environment there is increased risk for phlebitis. Virchow's triad of stasis, blood abnormalities, and endothelial damage is partially present in the above setting. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can anemia cause bruising?
- Can ibuprofen cause bruising?
- Can a bra cause bruising?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is bruising in cellulitis?
- Can thyroid problems cause bruising?
- What can cause easy bruising?
- What can cause bruising on legs?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free