Doctor insights on:
Can Cardiomyopathy Be Cured
Depends: It depends on the cause. If due to alcohol, abstention often cures it. If due to pregnancy, about 50% return to normal. Due to chemotherapy, it rarely improves. Due to viral illness, many get better. If inherited, it won't get better. All of the above aside, there are medications and sometimes devices that can be very helpful for everyone. ...Read more
Can Stress cardiomyopathy be treated/cured without medical treatment/medication? I.e I eradicating the stress?
Time: It tends to get better, all by itself, with tincture of time. ...Read more
Clinical Trial Now: Use of adult mesenchymal stem-stromal cells (mscs) are currently in clinical trial in us/internationally. Trend is toward use of fat derived mscs, havested by liposuction, isolated and concentrated in tissue culture. Early reports suggest significant improvement in neurological, autoimmune and organ functions. Many more mscs in fat than bone marrow making ad-msc the center of most research now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on cause: Some cardiomyopathies can be treated or rarely "cured" but most cannot. Dilated is the most common. Some curable forms include nutritional, lbbb, tachycardia induced, sarcoid. Most can be treated with medication to stabilize the damage. Some cardiomyopathies will spontaneously improve. Others will progress. Restrictive and hypertrophic can also be managed. 400 characters is too short to answer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can dilated cardiomyopathy be cured?
- Is there a cure for cardiomyopathy?
- Is there a natural cure for dilated cardiomyopathy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you describe idiopathic cardiomyopathy?
- Can you describe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?
- Can you reverse alcoholic cardiomyopathy?
- Is there a cure for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy without surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online