Doctor insights on:
Can Both Men And Women Get Lymphedema
The same for all: Whether male or female, treatment is the same. The mainstay is decongestive therapy as dr. Brown said. This includes elastic compression stockings, non-elastic circ-aids garments, sequential compression devices, lymphatic drainage/massage, diet and exercise. A great source of info is lymphnet.Org, as dr. Wagner said. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lymphedemaproducts: Lymphedemaproducts.Com to select the correct garment (ready-made or custom made), compression level, and, if necessary, fastening systems, the patients age, physical abilities (and limitations), lifestyle, type of lymphedema and any other conditions must be taken into consideration. It is necessary that a compression garment is chosen that meets the patient’s individual needs. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Usually clinically: Most diagnoses are made clinically with signs of swelling. Unfortunately, by that time, there is already fibrosis and changes are controllable but not reversible. Phys ther often use tape measurements which can be very variable (location, tightness of tape, dominant vs non-dom arm). Water displacement works well but cumbesome. Bioimpedance is simple and reproducible but insurance won't pay. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can you let me know how many patients get lymphedema from having lymphnodes removed when cancer spread?
Less-and-Less Now: Lymphedema secondary to breast cancer surgery is more related to the number of lymph nodes removed +/- radiation to the armpit rather than the presence or absence of cancer within the nodes. When a traditional axillary dissection is performed, the risk is app. 25%. This rate is <5% if only a few nodes are removed, as we often do with sentinel lymph node biopsy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
20-25%: Not everybody who underwent procedure to remove lymph node would have lymphedema. The incidence of lymphedema is around 20-25%. However, the incidence would be higher when more lymph nodes were removed and when the patient also received radiation therapy to the affected area. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do both men and women get lower sex drive with prozac?
- Do men and women both have porphyria?
- Does feeling sexually attracted to both women and men mean that you are bisexual?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How black women can get rid of sunburn on their arms and face?
- Can you get both a facelift and a partial hysterectomy at the same time?
- Can men contact yeast infections from a women and if so what arw the symptoms?
- Can women get yeast infections from men?
- Talk to a dermatologist online