Doctor insights on:
Can Birth Control Regulate Your Period
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Absolutely!: After missing 3 pills or stopping, most women with have breakthrough bleeding/an early period. Also, don't count on the pill for birth control. If you're still having sex and don't want pregnancy, choose another method of birth control. If you do want pregnancy, you should take prenatal vitamins with folic acid/folate. ...Read more
Vaginal spotting: Missing a bcp frequently results in spotting in the next couple days that may continue till the next menses. If you are more that 6 hrs late in taking a pill, please use a backup method e.g. Foam and condoms to ensure pregnancy does not occur. There is no long term effect from missing a pill otherwise. ...Read more
Specialist visit: Sit down with your gynecologist. He or she has studied the current hormonal pills that can be helpful, and will be knowledgeable about the side effects. As you take the medicine let the doctor know how you are feeling on this pill. If there are any questions about it you can then call your doctor and work on a better plan for you. Good luck ... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can birth control pills help regulate your period?
- How can birth control help your period?
- Can birth control prolong your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can birth control delay your period?
- Can birth control pill stop your period?
- Birth control pills can stop your period
- Can birth control lighten your period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free