Doctor insights on:
Can Birth Control Pills Help Prevent Sexually Transmitted Infections
STD is also known as Sexually transmitted disease. This is a disease which can be transmitted from one person to another person through sexually related activities. This does not limit these activities to heterosexual intercourse, but encompasses all modalities of human-to-human sexual activity. It does not include illnesses that may make an individual more susceptible to a condition because of a sexual ...Read more
Will birth control pills protect me from sexually transmitted infections (stis), includin hiv/aids?
STDs: Birth control pills will not protect you from anything, including pregnancy (although it makes pregnancy infinitely less likely). Condoms will provide reasonable protection from most stds, but even these can fail because of leakage or breakage. Be careful out there. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can birth control pills protect me from sexually transmitted infections (stis), including hiv/aids?
No: No, birth control pills do not protect you from sexually transmitted infections or hiv/aids. They just protect you from pregnancy. The only way to protect yourself from sexually transmitted infections, including hiv/aids, is through the use of barrier protection (condoms or dental dams). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do birth control pills offer any protection from sexually transmitted infections (stis), including hiv/aids?
No: The two are not related.Get a more detailed answer ›
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can birth control pills help thyroid issues?
- How can i prevent weight gain while on birth control pills?
- Can birth control pills help treat acne?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take prenatal vitamins while on the birth control pill?
- What can you take to avoid nausea from the birth control pill?
- Is doubling up on birth control pills to prevent your period one month bad?
- What can i do about birth control related nausea and vomiting change pill types?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free