Doctor insights on:
Can Birth Control Pills Cause Migrains
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Hello, I am current 5 days late for my period. 3 days before my expected period I had a two day migraine. My last period was November 19th and I am normally no longer than a 30 day cycle. At the end of October I took birth control pills but only for 3 day
Hormonal: imbalance is possible.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: You may begin bleeding sooner than expected. ...Read more
Sometimes: Some women get nausea with birth control - often this gets better if they stay on the medication and it slowly resolves, but some women have continued issues with this. Often taking either in the morning or at bedtime may minimize this. You will have to see how it affects you - i also have patients who never have any issues with this. ...Read more
It's possible: It is possible for birth control pills to cause headaches. Usually they will be mild however some women will get more severe headaches. If they are mild they will typically go away. If not, you can try a different pill. If they are more severe than you should discontinue them and see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can changing birth control pills cause amenorrhea? I just switched brands of birth control. Can this cause my recent amenorrhea?
Possibly: If you switch bcp the best way to do it is to finish one pack and the next day start the new pack. Sometimes the switch can cause break through bleeding as the body gets used to the different hormone levels in the new pill. Usually this bleeding resolves in 1-2 cycles. If not, see your doctor - the hormones levels may not be right for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can birth control pills or depo cause sore breasts?
- Can birth control pills cause hypothyroidism?
- Can loseasonique birth control pills cause itching?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can starting birth control pills again after a year hiatus cause blood clots?
- Can yaz birth control pills cause ggt elevation?
- Can taking the birth control pill cause a person to gain weight or lose weight?
- Can i take prenatal vitamins while on the birth control pill?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free