Doctor insights on:
Can Birth Control Decrease Sex Drive
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Which birth control pills decrease sex drive, which ones increase it, and which ones don't affect it?
Good question!: Oral contraceptive pills can decrease the circulating levels of testosterone in a woman's body--theoretically decreasing sex drive. Most women are not affected by this. The NuvaRing can also do the same, but to a lesser extent. Diaphragms, sponges, and iud's (intrauterine devices) would be much less likely to decrease sex drive. Talk to your doctor, sex drive is complicated. :-). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, can happen: I assume you are asking about the effects of oral contraceptives - aka "the pill." the active ingredients in oral contraceptives are hormones, specifically, synthetic forms of the "female" hormones, estrogen ; progesterone. Unfortunately, oral contraceptives can lower sex drive ; negatively affect mood. But there are various "pills" available, ; people respond differently to different ones. ...Read more
Yes: I said yes because people are so relieved they will not become pregnant that they're both more relaxed and more excited to have fun. ...Read more
Can I do anything to increase my sex drive? 20 y/o female, used to use birth control, used to have higher sex drive
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What medicines will decrease effectiveness of birth control?
- Birth control contraception macrobid sex
- Can lime juice affect sex drive?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What foods can boost sex drive in a male?
- What can cause low sex drive in women?
- After my wife got birth control iud can we have unpertected sex
- Abortion birth control pills pregnancy sex
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free