Doctor insights on:
Can Bad Posture Affect How You Grow As A Child
In short - yes: While very young child posture may be a mere reflection of any present musculoskeletal problems, the pre-teens and teenagers may have certain habits and behaviors that affect their physique. Stooping is common and leads to neck and back problems. Sitting on the floor in "reverse indian style" may lead to excessive lack of mobility of the hip joints. High heels lead to changed lordotic curvature. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I believe I have postural kyphosis. I can correct my posture on my own and have no pain. What can I do to change my bad posture habit? Thanks
See 1 more doctor answer
My child has a bump on lower neck/back like someone with years of bad posture but she is only 7 and has jra. Is this normal?
May or may not be OK: I need more info. Is it vey hard like a bone? A back bone joint deformity causing a bump in jra is rare, but if it feels like a bone, it should be checked out. Does it move? Then it may be a lymph node. It may be a normal variant of a spinous process that comes out from the backbone v ertebra. If it is causing pain, or makes him uncomfortable to move, he needs to be examined by his doctor. ...Read more
Chronic muscle tension i think from bad posture since being a child.. Muscles feel hard and ropy.. Get eye strain from tight muscles to help?
No: It has no affect. ...Read more
May appear taller: If growth plates fused, no. , stretching, exercising, supplements nor dietary modifications will cause you to grow taller. Your tanner staging (puberty), bone age, general health, hormones, parent height are factors that determine your adult height. Pilates improves your posture, and i've seen improved posture increase height by 1-3". Stand tall! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often can you give a child an enema to relieve constipation?
- How can you tell if a child is faking a tic disorder?
- How often can you give a child an enema?
- How bad is it if you smoke a cigarette on the same day as using nicotine lozenge?
- How can you tell if you have a bad tooth in your mouth?
- How can you tell the difference between a moderately bad cold and a mild flu?
- Can you get measles again if you had it as a child?
- How can you help a child that wont poop because she said it hurts?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free