Doctor insights on:
Can Bactroban Cream Be Used To Heal A Diaper Rash
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
Agree w Dr. Ferguson: For diaper rash keep baby's skin clean & dry. Change diaper as soon as it's soiled or wet. For healing allow baby to go without diaper for periods of time so affected area can air out. Avoid tight diapers or airtight covers over diaper. Meds your Dr. might recommend include antifungal cream (for fungus), a steroid cream (for significant inflammation) or an antibiotic (for bacterial infection.) ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I smacked my face on the sidewalk two days ago. How do I heal the abrasions, swelling and scabs ASAP? Is using diaper rash cream safe?
Should diaper rash cream be used as a preventative measure? In other words, should I apply it so the baby doesn't get diaper rash, or to treat it?
14m old diaper rash for 1 month. Used all types of creams & lotrinum. Poops 3xs a day. Rash bad with only poops #2 & 3, but not #1. In pain. See doc?
Desitin + Maalox: My favorite gentle treatment for most diaper rashes is the mixture of desitin (zinc oxide paste) and maalox liquid. Put an inch of desitin cream (do not use the "creamy" type) in your palm. Add 1 capfull of maalox liquid to it and mix together for a few minutes. Then rub this thinned paste into the entire diaper area for 30 seconds. Do this with each diaper change. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can diaper rash cream be used for adults?
- What can be used to numb pain caused by a cherry angioma?
- What can be used to treat a fungus that causes skin discoloration?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What herbs can be used to lower a womans fsh levels?
- What of types of prescription drungs can be used to treat a thought disorder?
- Can gynaecosid be used to abort a pregnancy of 8weeks?
- Can altabax be used on a dog?
- Talk to a dermatologist online