Doctor insights on:
Can Anybody Tell Me How Long The Affects Of Black Mold Exposure Typically Last
Varies: This would vary depending on the sensitivity of the person involved with the dose of the exposue being a factor as well. I would expect that removal of all exposure to the black mold as well as providing for elimination of other inciting factors such as dust, dustmites for symptoms to be resolved within 2 to 4 weeks if not sooner. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mold is also known as fungus or in some cases yeast. Fungal spores are very small and tend to be found in compost, barns/farms, hay, grass and damp basements. Some fungal spores are more likely to be associated with "dry" v. "wet" environments. When inhaled, mold spores can lead to many disorders including asthma, allergic rhinitis, hypersensitivty pneumonitis, ...Read more
Evidence lacking : Unfortunately, there is not a body of scientific evidence to support the concept that exposure to black mold causes specific symptoms or diseases. When I have a patient who believes they have this problem, i check them for mold allergies and encourage them to get their exposure problem resolved. I also check them for chronic infections and if they have those, i check immune function. ...Read more
What's a more efficient text that I can take for the black mold exposure? Thanks you! I'm really sick and trying to get some answers.
Allergy consult: The toxic effects from "black mold"exposure are often exaggerated. A certain percentage of people exposed to it may develop asthma, hay fever, sinus infections recurrent pneumonia and etc. The best treatment is to move out of the place where the black mold has been found until the problem has been fixed. If problem continues, see an allergist who can help you in pinpointing the cause and Rx. ...Read more
Not: likely because inhaled spores will be addressed by immune cells in your trachea and lung, while not directly affecting your immune cells in your gut lining. ...Read more
Keep house dry: Black mold (in most cases aspergillus and penicillium), accumulate when there is excessive water and humidity. In most cases it is due to a flood, natural or water leaking fro pipes or rain. Exposure for a short period is usually harmless. Longer or exposure to extreme concentrations will cause health effects. Affected areas have to be professionally cleaned and the cause corrected. ...Read more
Allergy consult: The toxic effects from "black mold" exposure are often exaggerated. A certain percentage of people exposed to it may develop asthma, hay fever, fungal sinusitis, allergic conjunctivitis etc. A pneumonia type of problem may develop at times & may lead to permanent lung damage. The treatment is moving out & not returning until the problem has been fixed. If problem continues, see an allergist. ...Read more
Remove the mold!!!: Like with much of what we do we make make various assumptions based upon associations. What can be done is test for presence of mold, test for allergic/ige sensitivity to mold, also for hypersensitivity/igg to mold. Removal of mold is essential and response to this removal can suggest that the mold was responsible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Molds consist of airborn spores and spreading forms (hyphae) growing on surfaces. Several species are black including stachybotrys and aspergillus. Black mold ingestion has been associated with a toxic syndrome with brain and blood disorders. Most patients do not ingest black mold so the correlation with their ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Long term exposure to black mold
- How long does the common cold typically last?
- How long does a hip replacement typically last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do shin splints typically last?
- How long does food poisoning typically last?
- How does black mold affect your health?
- How can mold affect you?
- Talk to an allergist online for free