Doctor insights on:
Can Antibiotics Help A Nail Disease
Interesting question: yellow nail syndrome is the yellow discoloration of all 20 nails associated with lymphedema and pleural effusion or fluid in the lungs. Remembert that every nail must be involved. Yellow discoloration can also be seen with fungal infections known as onychomycosis. It's best to see your doctor. And of course with lymphedema and pleural effusions you typcially would be feeling ill. ...Read more
Possibly: Yellowing discoloration of the toenails can be caused by a fungus, however, it can also occur due to thyroid disorders, B12 or b6 deficiency, aging, or trauma to the nail bed. You should have your physician evaluate the nails and if there is any question a nail culture can be completed to evaluate for a nail fungus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not sure: I'm not sure what your question is asking, but i suppose either disorder or disease can be used to describe particular nail changes. Is there any particular condition you are concerned about? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can antibiotics help with gallbladder disease?
- Can antibiotics help rosacea?
- Can hair skin nail vitamins help with hair loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Disease of the nail
- Nail diseases
- Nail puncture wound antibiotics
- What vitamin supplements can i take to help strengthen my nails?
- Talk to a dermatologist online