Doctor insights on:
Can Antibiotics Cause Infertility
I may have epididymitis from oral sex with sex worker 4 months ago. Was on antibiotics but no relief in pain. Can this go away on its own? Infertile?
Unlikely...: Epididymitis is rarely acquired from oral sex. It could happen due to gonorrhea, but rarely. What are your symptoms? Pain in both testicles is almost never epididymitis, which almost always is one sided, with marked swelling and tenderness. And non-improvement on antibiotics is evidence against infection of any kind. Google "chronic pelvic pain syndrome" and see if it matches your symptoms. ...Read more
Multiple: At age 44 many women are infertile due to having higher rates of chromosomal abnormalities in their eggs. This is a normal aging process in women. Males over 40 also have slightly higher rates of infertility due to age but age affects females much more. Other causes are blocked tubes, pcos, endometriosis and medical issues such as obesity and thyroid disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Top diagnoses: Top reasons: 1) male infertility, tied with 2) female ovulatory dysfunction, followed by 3) tubal disease (female.) 'infertility' is defined by unprotected intercourse for one year. This is based on observing 85% of normal couples conceive in that time. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Stds that can cause infertility
- Can abortions cause infertility?
- Can a cyst cause infertility?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a abortion cause infertility?
- Can orchitis cause infertility?
- Can trichomoniasis cause infertility?
- Can hpv cause infertility?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free