Doctor insights on:
Can Antibiotics Bring On Hyperthyroidism
Can hyperthyroidism be brought on by antibiotics? Antibiotics caused pancreatitis and wondering they also can cause thyroiditis?
I have never seen it: There are infectious agents causing acute thyroiditis and antibiotics actually treat the thyroidistis/infection. Anything is possible and i suppose antibiotics can cause an unexpected reaction to induce thyroiditis, but it has never been reported with the two medicines you mentioned. If you have trouble with your thyroid, consult you pcp or an endocrinologist. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hypothyroidism is a medical condition that lowers the level of thyroid hormone to a point where the patient has a marked decrease in overall health. Often the patient does not notice the loss of thyroid hormone for several weeks or more. Once diagnosed with low thyroid hormone levels, the patient will be prescribed with thyroid hormone to a point where the thyroid levels are normal and ...Read more
Curing hyperthyroid: To cure it, you need to know what causes it. There are many causes for hyperthyroidism, some are temporary and goes away without treatment, others require treatment to permanently treat it. In general, if u take away the thyroid gland (surgery or kill it with radioactive iodine), then the hyperthyroidism is cured (..But then you will be hypothyroid). U need a physician to help u with this disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can stress bring on labor?
- Can allergy brings to coma?
- Can hyperthyroidism cause cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can hyperthyroidism be cured permanently?
- Can radiation cause hyperthyroidism?
- Can hyperthyroidism cause headaches?
- Can hyperthyroidism cause abscess?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online