Doctor insights on:
Can Anti Seizure Medication Mess Up Your Menstrual Cycle
Seizure is also known as Generalized seizures in adults. A seizure is a symptom in which a person has a convulsion or epileptic attack, usually involving jerking movements of the head, limbs, and rest of the body. It represents abnormal brain function, and can be caused by fever (mainly in young children), by brain infections or tumors, by drug abuse or overdoses, by chemical ...Read more
Can+lack+of+folic+acid+cause+seizures+during+my+menstrual+cycle i continually passout no convulsions but my limbs and tounge go numb. ?
Brain control: Seizure medications help the brain inhibit abnormal electrical activity. Most work at the level of membranes in nerve cells that control nerve cell activity. Injured brain cells can have over active membrane that cause electrical storms that become seizures. Seizure medications stabilize these abnormal cells and keep them from going into storm. ...Read more
Anti seizure: If recommended by your doctor, yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Alcohol: Excess sedation, confusion at high dose.Get a more detailed answer ›
Menstrual refers to the monthly cycle in women which prepares the female for ovulation, generally once per month, which is that time of month that the egg can be fertilized by the male sperm, for the purpose of reproduction. Menstrual cycles start at the first day of menstruation. (it's always been curious to me that 'menstrual' and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can antibiotics mess up your menstrual cycle?
- Can a thyroid infection mess up your menstrual cycle?
- What can mess up your period cycle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can thyroid supplements mess up menstrual cycle?
- Can ovarian cysts mess up your cycle?
- Can a b12 deficiency disrupt your menstrual cycle?
- Does adipex mess with your menstrual cycle?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free