Doctor insights on:
Can An Underactive Thyroid Turn Into An Overactive Thyroid
Hypothyroidism is a medical condition that lowers the level of thyroid hormone to a point where the patient has a marked decrease in overall health. Often the patient does not notice the loss of thyroid hormone for several weeks or more. Once diagnosed with low thyroid hormone levels, the patient will be prescribed with thyroid hormone to a point where the thyroid levels are normal and ...Read more
Tests and Symptoms: Symptoms of low thyroid function are commonly fatigue, weight gain, heavy periods (females), dry skin, hair thinning and loss, depression and constipation. Tsh, free T3 (liothyronine) and free T4 (if TSH is borderline) as well as some other older tests like morning baseline temperature and tendon reflex testing can all detect low thyroid function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Thyroid: Get ur thyroid profile drawn. Ur pcp should be able to treat if levels are abnormal. ...Read more
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Effects of an overactive or underactive thyroid
- Can an overactive or underactive thyroid gland affect your moods?
- Can an overactive thyroid be cured?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can an underactive thyroid be controlled with minerals?
- Can exercise help an underactive thyroid?
- Can masturbating cause an overactive thyroid?
- Can caffeine cause an overactive thyroid?
- Can an overactive thyroid become underactive?