Doctor insights on:
Can An Underactive Thyroid Spontaneously Cure Itself
Support immunity 1st: Yes, but seeing a doctor who practices holistic or functional medicine is the best way to manage non-pharmacological approaches to hypothyroidism. Most hypothyroidism results from an imbalanced immune system (th1/th2 imbalance) and adrenal stress. In some cases, it may be corrected without medication. When using medications, consider all your options, including natural thyroid replacement. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
Tests and Symptoms: Symptoms of low thyroid function are commonly fatigue, weight gain, heavy periods (females), dry skin, hair thinning and loss, depression and constipation. Tsh, free T3 (liothyronine) and free T4 (if TSH is borderline) as well as some other older tests like morning baseline temperature and tendon reflex testing can all detect low thyroid function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Thyroid: Get ur thyroid profile drawn. Ur pcp should be able to treat if levels are abnormal. ...Read more
Hypothyroidism (Adult) (Definition)
Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not secrete enough of the thyroid hormones. Symptoms include cold intolerance, constipation, and fatigue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can yeast infection cure itself?
- What can cause an underactive thyroid?
- Can an underactive thyroid be controlled with minerals?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can an overactive thyroid become underactive?
- Can an underactive thyroid turn into an overactive thyroid?
- Can you lose weight with an underactive thyroid?
- Can you die from an underactive thyroid?
- Can ringworm cure itself?