Doctor insights on:
Can An Std Be Transmitted Through Saliva
Yes, some can: For example, if a man has a GC/CT/trich urethritis, the germs are going to be delivered through the urethra by both urine and ejaculate. Hepatitis and herpes have been present in saliva as well. Chances of co-infection increase with breaks in oral or vaginal mucosa. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This is a disease which can be transmitted from one person to another person through sexually related activities. This does not limit these activities to heterosexual intercourse, but encompasses all modalities of human-to-human sexual activity. It does not include illnesses that may make an individual more susceptible to a condition because of a sexual ...Read more
Saliva transfer: Yes it is possible.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends on STD: Oral contact can spread many bacterial stds period. This is especially true with a person with an active infection open sore hidden in the back of the mouth. Hiv doesn't as there is something in the saliva that kills it. Research is still being done to discover why. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The clear, viscous fluid secreted by the salivary and mucous glands in the mouth. Saliva contains water, mucin, organic salts, and the digestive enzyme ptyalin. It serves to moisten the oral cavity, to initiate the digestion of starches, and to aid in the chewing and swallowing of food. Approximately 1 to 1.5 l ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can stds be transmitted through saliva?
- Can hpv be transmitted through saliva?
- Can hsv1 be transmitted through saliva?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can std be transmitted through kissing?
- Can stds be transmitted through urine?
- Can the hiv virus be transmitted through saliva?
- Can hepatitis b be transmitted through saliva?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free