Doctor insights on:
Can An Overactive Or Underactive Thyroid Cause Itching
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
thyroid: Altered thyroid function may cause macroglossia. This is generally effects the entire tongue. For one sided swelling - you should get it checked with a complete exam, and workup. ...Read more
Hypothyroidism: Can contribute to many problems. Luckily it's easy to diagnose and treat properly, thereby removing it as a problem. With very rare exceptions such as end-stage cancer or HIV infection, candida overgrowth is a medical myth propagated on the internet. It's a false diagnosis that has been around for decades, looking to a disease to cause - which there is none. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hypothyroidism: The thyroid is a complex gland in the neck that produces T3 (liothyronine) and T4 in response to hormones secreted by the pituitary gland of the brain. There are several places in this cascade, which when disrupted, cause the thyroid hormones to be low. Cause of hypothyroidism can include autoimmune disease, treatment of hyperthyroidism, thyroid surgery, radiation, medications, pituitary disease, and more. ...Read more
Hypothyroidism (Adult) (Definition)
Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not secrete enough of the thyroid hormones. Symptoms include cold intolerance, constipation, and fatigue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can an underactive thyroid turn into an overactive thyroid?
- Effects of an overactive or underactive thyroid
- Can an overactive or underactive thyroid gland affect your moods?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can masturbating cause an overactive thyroid?
- Can caffeine cause an overactive thyroid?
- Can underactive thyroid cause wrinkled skin?
- Can underactive thyroid cause bad odor?
- Talk to a dermatologist online