Doctor insights on:
Can An Md Not Certified In Ophthalmology Write A Perscription For Eyeglasses
Ophthalmology: Not typically. An ophthalmologist is usually an MD or an DO after he/she completed medical school and then a residency in ophthalmology / eye surgery. An MD without training in ophthalmology is likely not well versed or trained to provide a prescription for eye glasses. Optometrists are also trained for this as well so you are better off looking for a doctor focusing in eye care. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Eye doctor at a store front business says that it is the law and required to have eyes dilated during a regular eye exam for eyeglasses. Is this true?
I haven't seen an eye doctor in years and I wear contacts should I see one cause I want glasses now?
I went to the eye doctor and was prescribed glasses. She said to wear them whenever I needed to but how do I know when I need to do I won't strain eye?
No strain: Eyeglasses are an optical aid to clear vision. The eye does not care whether they are on or off - the eye will do its best in either case. Consider what happens when a hearing aid is turned off --- you just hear less well. Removing your eyeglasses is like turning off the hearing aid. So wear them when you need the visual clarity. ...Read more
How do doctors find out if you have cataracts? I have not been to the eye doctor in three years, and over that time I have become progressively more nearsighted. Now, my prescription glasses do not even seem to be helping me. I am afraid that i may be get
Is it risky to use my eye if I need glasses? I obviously need glasses but I haven't been to the eye doctor as yet.
I went to eye doctor and to him my sight dims and he said i just need new glasses.Is this true? My vision always dims
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can excessive sex lead to an inguinal hernia in a male or female?
- What can i do for a broken finger that did not heal right?
- What can i do for a finger closed in a car door?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take an advil for headache after taking a low dose aspirin?
- Can having hypothyroidism cause a woman not to have an orgasm?
- Can an ulcer cause a weird numbness in the arms and legs?
- Can blood in the urine cause a false positive for protein in the urine?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free