Doctor insights on:
Can An Irregular Heartbeat Cause Death
Many doctors I consult have diagnosed me with anxiety disorder my symptoms are life crashing, stressful and feels close to death is this dangerous? I also av an irregular heartbeat help me please.
Yes: Yes. Most arrhythmias that are due to anxiety- adrenaline based, ( apcs, pvcs, svt) can be treated with stress management, meditation, exercise, adequate sleep, reduction of caffeine. However, dangerous arrhythmias can also worsen with stress as well. Vtach, afib etc. Complete evaluation with a cardiologist is important prior to simply addressing the anxiety. ...Read more
NOT usually: Melatonin is a hormone found naturally in the body. It's main use is for insomnia. Melatonin seems to be able to shorten the amount of time it takes to fall asleep, but only by about 12 minutes! (according to one research study) the usual dose 1-3mg. Melatonin can raise blood pressure in people who are taking certain medications to control blood pressure-so not recommended in hypertension (hi bp). ...Read more
What causes irregular heartbeat and what can be done, treated. Can certain meds cause it. Is it deadly?
Depends: Irregularity is very common. There are many causes. Some are trivial, other's more serious. To evaluate, you need documentation of the type of arrhythmia and the overall condition of your heart. A 24 or 48 hour or 30 day event monitor of your heart rhythm is crucial. An echocardiogram is indicated. Some meds can exacerbate it, especially nicotine and caffeine (also: Serevent, which you list). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can fish oil cause an irregular heartbeat?
- Can low potassium cause an irregular heartbeat?
- Can a lack of magnesium cause an irregular heartbeat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can iron cause irregular heartbeat?
- Can anxiety cause irregular heartbeat?
- Can caffeine cause irregular heartbeat?
- Can indigestion cause irregular heartbeat?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free