Doctor insights on:
Can An Implanted Defibrillator Be Taken Out Of The Body
See below: An implanted cardiac defibrillator is a pacemaker and a defibrillator. The defibrillator is needed for certain conditions that would lead to a dangerous arrythmias - heart rhythms - that could cause death. When such a rhythm is detected, within the program set by the cardiologist - the defibrillator will deliver shock(s) to the heart. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: It is rarely done in people who are using the defibrillator to help live active lives. However, at the end of life, especially in hospice patients it is very common to have the defibrillator turned off. We often have this done in hospice patients close to death to prevent the devices from delivering shocks at the time of death or after. It sounds kind of grusome, but in reality it is not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Absolutely: This is one of the risks of this type of device and infections can be nasty. ...Read more
Maybe not: A taser might damage implanted devices, although some studies done on pigs found the 5-seconds of high voltage did not damage pacemakers or implanted defibrillators. Those devices likely have safety features to block high voltage electrical currents. Not sure if a defribillator could reset the heart if a taser created an abnormal rhythm, but the studies suggest the defribrillator would still work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
ICD: One of the complications of any implanted device, including defibrillators, is infection. ...Read more
What to do if i heard that there can be complications with an implanted defibrillator such as infections, is it true?
Yes, but: As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of infection but only at the time of implantation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Implanted defibrillator precautions
- Having a defibrillator implanted
- Breast implants defibrillator implanted
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will a taser kill someone who has an implanted defibrillator
- Can you get a abnormal pap due to iud being taken out from your body?
- Can a defibrillator be removed from inside the body?
- Can you get your appendix taken out?
- Talk to a cardiac electrophysiologist online for free