Doctor insights on:
Can An Employer Fire You For Having Heart Disease Or Cancer
Ask a lawyer: We have laws in the United States against firing people for having handicaps -- indeed, under the americans with disabilities act, the employer must accommodate. But in the alice-in-wonderland world of law, i've heard that a disease that does not produce disability or interfere with work can be an excuse to fire someone. Folks comment on the irony. Get an attorney. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems with his heart, which includes both birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks, leaky heart valves, heart failure, viral infections ...Read more
We live longer, etc.: Rural people, generations ago did not have as many modern conveniences, nor was food as readily available, so there was less incidence of heart disease back then. They had no fast food, and when they wanted something, they often had to work hard for it. Probably most important was the fact that because of lack of modern medicine, people did not live as long on average. ...Read more
?: Your question is too ambiguous and open ended. Please restate the question more precisely. ...Read more
Can cancer in the blood cause heart disease? Is it possible for people with cancers of the blood to develop heart disease as a result?
Yes: It is unusual, but possible, for acute leukemia or other blood cancers to cause heart problems by blocking blood flow to the heart, growing in the the fluid surrounding the heart, or even forming tumors in the lymph nodes nearby and compressing the heart. More commonly, heart disease in blood cancer patients is a result of the medicines (often anthracyclines) or radiation used in treatment. ...Read more
I'm just wondering, if you have a family history of heart disease and cancer is there really anything you can do?
Yes: Beginning reference site: http://nutritionfacts.Org/.Get a more detailed answer ›
See a doctor. : No Health Tap doc can answer your question without knowing more about your situation and examining you. See your doc please. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can an employer fire you for having cancer?
- Can your local gp see if you have throat cancer or not for diagnosis?
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can too much wine or alcohol make you have heart palpitations?
- Can an abnormal pap smear mean you have ovarian cancer?
- Without an autopsy how can you tell if someone died of a stroke or heart attack
- How often can you have an enema for constipation?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free