Doctor insights on:
Can An Electrical Storm Have Any Effect On Pacemakers
A pacemaker is a device which sends electrical signals to the heart triggering heartbeats when needed. There are many ways to implant and configure a pacemaker; it may beat the top chambers (atria), lower chambers (ventricles) or both. Some systems stimulate both the left and right ventricles together. Pacemakers generally treat abnormally slow heart rhythms and certain ...Read more
My grandfather is in his 80's and he will be having the battery on his pacemaker replaced. Are their any major risks involved?
Heart device.: A cardiac pacemaker is a device that is implanted in the chest to permanently regulate heartbeat rhythms. The pacemaker monitors the heartbeat to make sure it is not beating too slowly, and when necessary transmits electric pulses to the heart to increase the heartbeat pace. Pacemakers are periodically replaced every several years when the battery runs out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can being jaundice as a baby have any effect on you later?
- Can a person with a pacemaker have an mri?
- If you have a pacemaker can you die
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a mri with a pacemaker?
- Can a patient with a pacemaker have an mri?
- Does nuvaring have any effect on fibroadenomas?
- Does anemia have any effect on eyesight?
- Talk to a cardiologist online