Doctor insights on:
Can An Antiviral And Antibiotic Together Be Taken Together
Usually safe: Most routine antibiotics can be combined with antiviral medicine when used for short periods of time. Taking any antibiotic for >2 weeks usually requires close supervision by a doctor to assess for side effects, toxicity & medication interactions. Special antivirals (ie. Hiv medication) require closer monitoring. People with kidney, liver or bone marrow problems are at higher risk for toxicity. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multiple: #1 they help heal the infection for which they were prescribed. #2 allergic reaction #3 diarrhea or stomach aches. Each medication comes with a package insert that will tell you all the side effects that have occurred with that medication. They report even the slights things...But overall the three listed are the most common. ...Read more
Depends: If you have an allergy to any component of a specific antibiotic or anti-viral you could have a reaction just like some do to strawberries or a bee sting. That could be uncomfortable or life threatening. If not, these are just foreign materials that pass through your body like food.Antibiotics have a bad habit of killing of helpful bacteria in your gut, but these can be replaced with probiotics. ...Read more
Is it ok to continue penicillin antibiotics to finish course when starting antiviral medicine for shingles?
See 1 more doctor answer
Yes!: This is an acceptable combination when taken as prescribed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can zyrtec and claritin be taken together?
- Can you claritin and benadryl be taken together?
- Can hawthorn and l-arginine be taken together?
- Can dietary supplements and methadone be taken together?
- Can antidepressants and dietary supplements be taken together?
- Can l-arginine and ginseng be taken together?
- Can claritin and benadryl be taken together?
- Can advil and aspirin be taken together?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free