Doctor insights on:
Can Amyloidosis Be Driven Into Remission
It can stabilize: The extent of involvement by amyloidosis is important.. The heart, kidneys, pituitary....Bone marrow... Mild involvements could go on for years...Without progression or medications.. For severe... It could deteriorate..Medications could prolong life... Ask your doctor and hematologist to go to a referral center. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Amyloidosis is actually a constellation of illnesses characterized by the deposition of protein fragments in various tissues of the body. The prognosis and treatability of the illness depends upon the type of fragments, the amount of amyloid material and the specific sites of deposition. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, but just as: Serious. Amyloidosis is accumulation of an abnormal protein in various tissues. It also occurs in some cancers, e.g., multiple myeloma, a bone cancer. It affects the function of involved organs, e.g., liver, heart, kidney, etc. Amyloid also plays a role in the pathogenesis of alzheimer dementia. ...Read more
No blood test: There is no blood test to detect amyloidosis. Sophisticated laboratory techniques called electrophoresis or free light chain assays may reveal early evidence of some amyloid proteins. A biopsy is needed to confirm a diagnosis of amyloidosis and determine the specific type of protein involved in the disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can lupus go into remission?
- Can the herpes virus to into remission?
- Can hiv go into remission?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can terminal cancer go into remission?
- Can graves disease go into remission?
- Is it possible that hemochromatosis can go into remission?
- Can dystonia go into remission and reappear?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free