Doctor insights on:
Can Alcohol Stop Your Period
On my period 24days now, can I take (premlot) to stop it and an how long should I take it for, also is it safe to drink alcohol while taking it?
My period started on the 4th December &I drank some alcohol & it stop had protected sex the same night could I be pregnant ? now my stomach hurts
No: Have not heard this from any of my women patients, and did a brief literature search and cannot find any reports of different effects of alcohol on women who are in their menstrual cycle. There are hormonal changes of mood during the period before the menstrual cycle, which together with alcohol, could conceivably change levels of depression or anxiety. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there a test that can be given to determine if one has consumed alcohol within the last 24 hour period?
Breathalyzer: Breathalyzer or blood testing would accomplish this. The liver metabolizes alcohol at a set rate so the size of a person can make a difference in how long it is detectable. This would also vary depending on how much alcohol was consumed in that 24hr period. If a small enough amount is consumed it might not be detectible even a few hours later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can drinking alcohol stop your period?
- Can water stop your period?
- Can obesity stop your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a cyst stop your period?
- Can drinking stop your period?
- Can depo-provera stop your period?
- Can vitex stop your period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free