Doctor insights on:
Can Alcohol Raise Your Lipase Levels
Lipases, such as lipoprotein lipase and endothelial lipase, are enzymes that breakdown circulating triglycerides (tg). Specifically, lipases degrade tg rich lipoproteins including chylomicrons, very low density lipoprotein (vldl) and remnant particles produced by breakdown of chylomicron and vldl particles. Decreased lipase function leads to accumulation of ...Read more
Pancreatitis: Hi. What did the doc who ordered the test tell you? We order tests for a reason to either try to confirm a suspicion or rule it out. In your case, it's looking for causes of your abdominal pain and bloating. Your lipase is high, and the most common reason would be pancreatitis, which certainly could be the cause of your symptoms. Pancreatitis can make you very sick. Talk with your doc. ...Read more
What can cause amylase & lipase levels to slightly elevate? They weren't too high like norm is under 300 it was 332. All rad tests are negative!
My lipase level is rising. Norm is 176 at GI I was at 178 to 238 now at 293. The levels aren't very high but what things could be causing them to rise?
Maybe nothing: A mild elevation of serum lipase generally means nothing whatever. Even taking an Ibuprofen tablet may raise the level. The reference range is simply what most folks have. Lipase is assayed primarily to rule out acute pancreatitis, which is not a subtle disease and in which lipase is usually several times above the top of the reference range. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cholesterol medication raise lipase blood levels?
- Can alcohol raise my cholesterol level?
- Can antidepressants raise the blood alcohol level?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Elevated lipase levels caused by alcohol
- Can wine raise your blood cholesterol levels?
- Can triamterene raise your cholesterol level?
- Can an ovarian cyst raise your hcg levels?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free