Doctor insights on:
Can Alcohol Raise My Cholesterol Level
High Cholesterol: I understand your concern. See Physician for Diagnosis of cholesterol level of 6mmol/L; risk factors- family history of heart disease, low HDL cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes mellitus; ways to bring it toless than 5.2 mmol/L. Balanced Diet with protein, carbohydrates, less Fat, Minerals and Vitamins starting at 1500 Cal/day Exercise-walk, hike, swim. See a Psychiatrist for anxiety. ...Read more
Rich in Omega3: Hdl (high-density lipoprotein) can be increased the most by foods rich in omega3 fish oil, such as cold water fish like wild salmon, mackerel, sardines, etc. Certain plants (like flax seed) also contain omega3, but not at the healthy quantity as fish. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PUFA's and MUFA's: Poly and mono unsaturated fats help raise hdl-c and lower ldl-c in the body. Beware ! fats are high in calories, so even good fats can make you gain weight which will increase triglycerides and lower hdl-c. Decreasing saturated fats will also help raise hdl-c, so cut out the meat, cheese, butter, palm, and coconut oil. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can wine raise your blood cholesterol levels?
- Can triamterene raise your cholesterol level?
- Can cholesterol medication raise lipase blood levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can antidepressants raise the blood alcohol level?
- Can alcohol raise your lipase levels?
- How can i raise my estrogen levels?
- Can gatorade raise my triglyceride levels?
- Talk to a cardiologist online