Doctor insights on:
Can Alcohol Affect Your Period
No: Have not heard this from any of my women patients, and did a brief literature search and cannot find any reports of different effects of alcohol on women who are in their menstrual cycle. There are hormonal changes of mood during the period before the menstrual cycle, which together with alcohol, could conceivably change levels of depression or anxiety. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there a test that can be given to determine if one has consumed alcohol within the last 24 hour period?
Breathalyzer: Breathalyzer or blood testing would accomplish this. The liver metabolizes alcohol at a set rate so the size of a person can make a difference in how long it is detectable. This would also vary depending on how much alcohol was consumed in that 24hr period. If a small enough amount is consumed it might not be detectible even a few hours later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alcohol affect on your period
- Can alcohol affect your breathing?
- Can your hormones affect your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can sickness affect your period?
- Can acupuncture affect your period?
- Can illness affect your period?
- Can cryosurgery affect your period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free