Doctor insights on:
Can Airline Pilots Fly Planes If They Have Splenomegaly
No: No, splenomegaly by itself does not disqualify an individual but the cause of splenomegaly must be identified. For a list of medical conditions that prevent a person from flying, look at the faa website. ...Read more
Splenomegaly is an enlargement of the spleen, which usually occurs when the spleen becomes filled with red blood cells. This can happen in liver disease, where blood backs up into the spleen, or it can occur in conditions where defects in blood cells cause them to become trapped in the spleen. Infectious mononucleosis and other viral infections can cause ...Read more
Why do airline pilots get melanoma more frequently than the general public. I have a hard time believing it is because they fly to sunny places & tan?
No: Alcoholism is substance dependence and substance abuse. Both disqualify a person for a pilot's license. Special certification may be given in the case of a reformed alcoholic but I am not certain. Note: no alcohol may be consumed within 8 hours of flying, "bottle to throttle.". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi, I am an airline pilot , does sitting long hours and climbing airplane stairs daily worsen my knee osteoarthritis.
No relation: with hypertension but portal hypertension can cause splenomegaly. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i become a military airline pilot if i have asthma?
- Can people with marfan syndrome still fly on planes?
- I have pericarditis can i fly
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Flying with an ear infection
- Is there any medication i can take to fly if i have intestinal problems?
- What can i do in order to fly if i have a huge fear of flying?
- Can someone with schizophrenia travel on commercial airlines?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free