Doctor insights on:
Can Adults Have Psychedelic Experiences While With Fever
More or less, yes: Normal body temperature is 98.6. That said, many people will normally run as low as 96.7 in the morning, and can reach 98 or 99 by mid-afternoon. For most of us, though, a body temp above about 99, 5 is probably a low grade temp, which can be caused by a mild infectious or chronic inflammatory process. A "fever, " per se, is probably best defined as a core body themperature greater than 101.5'. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: If this happens you need immediate medical attention. The first thing we consider is an infection. The infection needs to be founf and treated immediately. The high fever needs to be controlled and the temperature dropped. There can be non infection reasons for high fevers. This is found in certain medical diseases. If that is the case you need an intense medical evaluation and therapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Warrants an eval...: I would confer with a doctor. Before you go think about how long this has been going on, the pattern of the fevers, and have a detailed medical, family, social, travel, and work history available. There is a long list of things that can cause fever alone, including infectious, cancer, and rheumatic diseases. Since these are serious things, i would see someone asap. ...Read more
Antipyretics: Aspirin, tylenol or Ibuprofen are all antipyretics (fever reducers). Children under 18 shouldn't take aspirin, due to the risk of reye's syndrome. Tylenol shouldn't be used by people with liver disease, and Ibuprofen avoided by those with certain cardiac and renal diseases. This list is partial, if you're not sure, please discuss with your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can women have surgery while pregnant with benign fibroadenoma?
- Can you have a fever with a sinus infection?
- Can you have a fever with a yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a fever with food poisoning?
- Can you have the flu with no fever?
- Can you have a fever with a cold?
- How long can you have a fever with mono?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free