Doctor insights on:
Can A Yeast Infection Spread
Yeast: There are some individuals who may get systemic candidiasis, but most commonly they are profoundly immunosuppressed or have been receiving antibiotics for other serious infections, and so on. You do not say why you suspect this, but if you have symptoms of fever, chills, malaise, etc., see a doctor and get evaluated. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Yes: In the groin (more common in males) it is called jock itch. Yeast can become a dermatitis (skin related) and be red with even little red dots outside that are called satellite lesions. It is not that common in females but can happen. If lotrimin, tinactin, micatin help then it is definitely yeast. ...Read more
Yes,if conditions rt: The yeast that causes the vaginal yeast infection is also normally in the stool. The close proximity of the areas allows cross contamination of the site & a possibility of a diaper rash like change around the anus. This is not likely to occur if the skin of the anus is healthy & dry but increases if raw & wet.Inflammation from scratching or bacterial infections can also lead to yeast overgrowth. ...Read more
Absolutely.: Yeast are biological organisms that can spread fairly easily. A good example is thrush--a yeast infection of the mouth that frequently causes a diaper rash. Depending on where your yeast infection is located, whether you share the same towel or bathe together can all influence this possibility. Also, younger children taking antibiotics--especially cephalosporins--can be predisposed to yeast. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you spread a yeast infection if you take a bath with another woman?
- Can a yeast infection spread to your partner?
- Can you spread a yeast infection to a man?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a yeast infection be spread to a male?
- Following cure for a yeast infection when can you have sex again
- Can you use a tampon with a yeast infection?
- Can a yeast infection cause swollen lymph nodes?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free