Doctor insights on:
Can A Xray Miss Lung Cancer
Can lung cancer ever appear on an xray, be diagnosed as pneumonia and then not appear on two subsequent xrays or was it really pneumonia.
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
Up back ache 1 yr on right side of spine. Deep inside shoulder blade. Ct 11/01/12 chest clear. Mri spine ok. Chest xray recent ok. Missed lung cancer?
Had a cough and back pain for 12 weeks had xrays and bloods. All fine. Respitory specialist not concerned if i had lung cancer. Would it show on xray?
I have had chest xray and throastic spine MRI with no contrast. I have this back pain in my upper back that comes and goes. If I had lung cancer would they have saw anything?
NO: To assess lungs for masses, cancerous or not, need cat scan thorax. Chest xray will consistently miss small potentially curable tumors depending on location in lungs , size and density.Mri of the spine has a limited view of parts of the lungs and you can not rule out the presence of a lung lesion with an MRI of the spine and a chest xray. Mri of the thoracic spine is not used to find lung nodules. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hi my question if u go for a lung xray can the doctor detec lung cancer easely
- Can a xray show lung cancer?
- Can my doctor hear lung cancer in a stethoscope?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does lung cancer look like on a chest xray?
- How long can a person live with advanced lung cancer?
- Can a pet scan miss cancer?
- Can you diagnose lung cancer without a biopsy?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free