Doctor insights on:
Can A Woman Take Metronidazole While Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I've been on metronidazole for a week until yesterday at noon. I also take tri estarylla, I took both meds. I had unprotected sex will I get pregnant?
Probably not: The only antibiotic that has ever been proven to decrease birth-control effectiveness is Rifampin--a drug used to treat tuberculosis. There are theoretic concerns about other antibiotics and you will see these concerns in print all over the internet but In practice, most common antibiotics such as Metronidazole don't affect birth-control effectiveness. Most likely you will not get pregnant! ...Read more
I am 4 months pregnant and was prescribed metronidazole and se-natal for prenatal. I am also takng vitamin D3 daily Is it safe to take all 3 together?
About 1 week pregnant, doc told me to take metronidazole (er dr.) is this safe and if not, is it safe to wait until after 1st trimester to treat it?
Metronidazole: Although Metronidazole has been on the market for almost 40 years, its use remains controversial during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Recent evidence has shown, however, that this does not appear to be associated with adverse effects during either pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is not a fun drug to take, and stay away from alcohol while taking it or you will be very ill. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can a pregnant woman take for a stomach ache?
- What medicine can i take for a sinus infection while pregnant?
- Can a pregnant woman take afrin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a pregnant woman take pepto bismol?
- What can i take for a toothache while pregnant?
- What can a pregnant woman take for a fever?
- Can a pregnant woman take theraflu?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free