Doctor insights on:
Can A Urinary Tract Infections Cause A Late Period
When you get pregnant, rising hormone levels prevent you from shedding the uterine lining at the time you'd expect to have your period. You can also miss your period if you're not pregnant. Other possible causes of amenorrhea include: weight gain or loss, hormonal problems, tension, stress, breastfeeding, and discontinuing birth control pills ...Read more
Bacteria in the uret: Bact is getting into the urethra, you need a culture and urinalysis to see if it is really an infection or another type of irritation, so you should see your gyn and you may need to see a urologist. Once you are properly diagnosed things can be done to try to prevent infection in the future if it is truly an infection. ...Read more
Here are some ...: How have you known having monthly UTI? Is it based on irritative voiding symptoms or symptoms + urine culture? If just on symptoms around period or ovulation, such irritative voiding symptoms may be related with hormonal change making urinary lining more sensitive in some; if on Sx + U-culture, you then indeed have bacterial UTI, which could be treated with timely use of preventive antibiotics. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
A urinary tract infection (often called UTI) is most commonly caused by bacteria and usually refers to an infection in the bladder. Not all bacteria that grows from the urine represents an infection, so the need for antibiotics is determined by your ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a urinary tract infection cause a missed period?
- Can a urinary tract infection cause you to break out in a rash?
- Can a urinary tract infection cause back pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can trichomoniasis cause a urinary tract infection?
- Can a urinary tract infection cause discharge?
- Recurring urinary tract infections (utis) and fertility
- Can a urinary tract infection cause you any pain while having sex?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free