Doctor insights on:
Can A Urinary Tract Infections Cause A Late Period
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Not usually: While theoretically any infection or illness can affect a woman's period, in reality it is quite uncommon for an uncomplicated bladder infection to cause a missed or delayed period. A more serious kidney infection (fever, chills, feeling ill) would be more likely to have an effect. Excluding pregnancy, stress, anxiety, depression, vigorous activity, extreme dieting would be much more common cause. ...Read more
Dought it: See gyn process to get rid of infection. ...Read more
It does not usually : Affect your menstrual cycle. Sometimes you can have symptoms that feel like a UTI as a result of substances called prostaglandins that are released during your menses. You should be consider having your urine checked for signs of infection. Hope you feel better soon. ...Read more
No: Not exactly. But other associated infection can. ...Read more
A urinary tract infection (often called UTI) is most commonly caused by bacteria and usually refers to an infection in the bladder. Not all bacteria that grows from the urine represents an infection, so the need for antibiotics is determined by your ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a urinary tract infection cause a missed period?
- Can urinary tract infection cause missed period?
- Can cause urinary tract infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Urinary tract infection and period
- Can a urinary tract infection cause bleeding?
- Can kidney stones cause urinary tract infections?
- Can urinary tract infections cause back pain?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free