Doctor insights on:
Can A Type 1 Diabetic Donate Blood
Yes: Diabetes is not a condition that keeps you from donating, though it is important that you eat and monitor your blood sugars prior to donating. Communicable diseases like hiv, hepatitis; foreign travel; or anemia conditions are just a few things that limit people from donating blood. Ask your physician if you are unsure about your ability to donate. ...Read more
Diabetes insipidus: If your DI is under good control, you should be able to donate blood safely. However, I suspect the blood bank will reject you. They may be concerned about you and the volume loss of donation, and they may be concerned about the level of AVP hormone in your donated blood. ...Read more
Can diabetic donate blood?, my hba1c is 6.1, sugar fasting 119 sugar pp 139 can I donate blood, ?Earlier I have donated blood 2 times
Hand shakes that gets very bad. Assumed sugar - diabetic dad or iron - barred from blood donation, all tested when at worst, all came back normal. ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Blood type a can donate to what other types
- Who can type o blood donate to
- Can a type 1 diabetic join the military?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can people with hemoglobinopathy donate their blood?
- Can someone with lupus donate blood?
- Can people with hemochromatosis donate blood?
- Can donating blood cause anemia?
- Talk to a transfusion specialist online for free