Doctor insights on:
Can A Toe Fracture Cause Nerve Damage To My Toe
A complete nerve transection will leave an area totally numb. The distribution of the numbers depends upon where the nerve was cut. A partial nerve injury may leave the area tingly or incompletely numb. Finally even if the nerve is not cut the swelling and bruising to the tea can affect the nerve as well. Usually we consider sharp penetrating injuries as likely having nerve lacerations when sensation is lost. A hand surgeon can examine the hand and pinpoint the site or extent of nerve injury and recommend ...Read more
Usually: As long as the toe is in good alignment and it feels like it is improving, then it should heal. Stay in a stiff shoe and limit activity to tolerance. See your podiatrist is concerns. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Pain and swelling: Usually pain and swelling along with bruising is present. Sometimes deformity, misalignment, is present. Have it evaluated if pain is not improving, deformity is present or any concerns. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Shoe fitting problem: It could heal in a bad position. This could lead to a fused toe in a bad position leading to shoe wear problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a : Fracture. If you're talking about a1 mm. Gap between the fragments, then it isn't much of a healing problem. A gap of 2 mm. Or more is more of a problem and the fracture needs to be reduced by manipulation under local anesthesia or sometimes via surgical reduction. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Neuropraxia is defined as a temporary loss of function of the nerve. Some nerves are purely sensory while others carry both sensory and motor fibers. Traumatic contusion injuries to nerves or nerve compressions can cause Neuropraxia. Sensory nerves like sural nerve in the leg or mixed sensory and motor nerves like the median and ulnar nerves in the forearm & hand ...Read more
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to help repair and alleviate pain from a damaged nerve in my hand?
- What can i do for my toe laceration without going to a doctor?
- Growth in ball of foot causing nerve damage to toes
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?
- Can a pinch nerve cause numbness in my arm and whole side of body?
- How can i tell if my big toe fractured or just badly bruised?
- How long will it take for a fractured toe to heal?
- What is causing my toe nail bed to become increasingly smaller?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free