Doctor insights on:
Can A Toe Fracture Cause Nerve Damage To My Toe
A complete nerve transection will leave an area totally numb. The distribution of the numbers depends upon where the nerve was cut. A partial nerve injury may leave the area tingly or incompletely numb. Finally even if the nerve is not cut the swelling and bruising to the tea can affect the nerve as well. Usually we consider sharp penetrating injuries as likely having nerve lacerations when sensation is lost. A hand surgeon can examine the hand and pinpoint the site or extent of nerve injury and recommend ...Read more
A fracture is a : Fracture. If you're talking about a1 mm. Gap between the fragments, then it isn't much of a healing problem. A gap of 2 mm. Or more is more of a problem and the fracture needs to be reduced by manipulation under local anesthesia or sometimes via surgical reduction. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I had a toe fracture when i was 11. I'm 27 now and when i walk I am getting pain on my fractured area. Could they be related?
Possibly: Depending on the toe the fracture could have healed in a slightly deformed position causing early arthritis in the joint in the toe. Going to see a doctor to get an x-ray of the foot could possibly show this. If this is truly painful a fusion of the joint may be required to remove this pain. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Neuropraxia is defined as a temporary loss of function of the nerve. Some nerves are purely sensory while others carry both sensory and motor fibers. Traumatic contusion injuries to nerves or nerve compressions can cause Neuropraxia. Sensory nerves like sural nerve in the leg or mixed sensory and motor nerves like the median and ulnar nerves in the forearm & hand ...Read more
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to help repair and alleviate pain from a damaged nerve in my hand?
- What can i do for my toe laceration without going to a doctor?
- Growth in ball of foot causing nerve damage to toes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a pinch nerve cause numbness in my arm and whole side of body?
- How can i tell if my big toe fractured or just badly bruised?
- How long will it take for a fractured toe to heal?
- What is causing my toe nail bed to become increasingly smaller?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free