Doctor insights on:
Can A Thyroid Nodule Shrink
Yes: Yes, it can shrink. Most solid nodules are adenomas and are benign. If it shrinks that is a good sign...It is .Likely benign. It is the ones that get larger or are large when they are first found that need closer assessment. In this case a biopsy may be needed to assess more closely. Btw thyroid nodules are pretty common. ...Read more
Usually not: In the distant past, thyroid hormone was used to 'shrink' nodules. More recent studies with ultrasound monitoring has shown that most nodules do not shrink with thyroid hormone treatment. Because thyroid cancer is the fastest increasing cancer in women, it is important to follow most thyroid nodules with ultrasound. With hashimoto's thyroiditis, there can be false or pseudonodules. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the cause: If a nodule is due to hashimoto's thyroiditis (inflammation caused by autoimmunity, where one's own immune system attacks one's proteins and tissues), then taking thyroid hormone pills can shrink it. If it's a tumor that's over-producing thyroid hormone, radioactive iodine can kill it, and make it smaller). Fluid-filled cysts can be drained with a needle, but may grow back. Cancer needs surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can medication shrink thyroid nodules?
- Can thyroid nodules shrink on their own?
- Medication that will shrink thyroid nodules
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do thyroid nodules shrink on their own?
- Does elimination of gluten from the diet help shrink thyroid nodules?
- Can you feel thyroid nodules?
- Can thyroid nodules cause hypothyroidism?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online