Doctor insights on:
Can A School Nurse Help Treat Hyperventilation
Hyperventilation syndrome? It's hard for me to breathe through the diaphragm and it's hard to breathe slower and less. Is hvs easily treatable?
Acid-base: Hyperventilation drives the carbondioxide from the lungs , so you develop respiratory alkalosis which causes hypokalemia( low potassium).If someone has hyperkalemia and hyperventilation, they probably have some other underlying cause like metabolic acidosis which could be due to several reasons like severe diarrhea, kidney failure, infection.These are only few and one should consult nephrologist. ...Read more
Many Ways: Have a look at the reference below....It is fairly technical but may resonate! please, see your care provider and discuss areas you think might apply to you or about which your understanding is unclear...This paper suggests that behavior modification may be of help. Sandy jack, harry b. Rossiter, christopher j. Warburton, and brian j. Whipp behav modif, october 2003; vol. 27, 5: pp. 637-652. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Treat anxiety: beathing into a bag is a short term solution ! ...Read more
Stop hyperventilatin: It isn't oxygen level that determines our breathing its the ph or acid/base balance of our blood. When we take over our body's unconscious control of breathing we tend to over breath raising the blood ph which causes a series of physical effects. Once aware of this we can recognize these times and let go of our conscious control, allow the body its own respiratory rate, and the symptoms will stop. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a school nurse help treat hives?
- Can honey help treat ulcers?
- Can an enlarged spleen cause chronic hyperventilation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What supplements can help treat bipolar disorder?
- Can particular stretching exercises help treat sciatica?
- Can certain foods help treat fatty liver?
- What supplements can help treat sleep apnea?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free