Doctor insights on:
Can A Regular Eye Doctor Help Me With A Common Eye Infection
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Your friendly GP/FP: Pink eye (viral or allergic) and bacterial conjuctivitis are usually straight forward uncomplicated problems that any general physician or family physician should be able to help. Remove any contact lenses when the eyes get such problems by the way. Warm saline compresses may help. The purpose of seeing a physician is to see if topical antibiotics are needed and to check for any foreign bodies. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Neither: If you have a bad eye infection, you need to see an ophthalmologist not an optometrist or primary care physician (unless you need referral). Some serious eye infections need culture prior to antibiotic therapy and an ophthalmologist is most skilled at obtaining the specimen. Also it may not even be an infection...! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My right eye won't stop watering. It's been more than 2 weeks. I went to see a doctor and she said that i had red eye infection but my eye is not red?
See ophthalmologist: See medical expert physician in eye is an ophthalmologist. This way you can get the diagnosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me the difference between pink eye and a regular eye infection?
- How long can i wait with eye pain to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How can a senior with mild dementia safely use ointment for eye infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do glasses or contacts help with a lazy eye?
- Can you wear some mascara with a stye in your eye?
- How long should my eyes stay dilated after a visit with an eye doctor?
- Can you get an eye infection after being in a hot tub?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online