Doctor insights on:
Can A Pregnancy Test Give A False Positive
Depends: What test are you talking about? Blood test or urine test? A urine test is not likely to have a false positive if you follow the instructions carefully, including the time within which to read the result. There may be false negative result if you test too early of if the urine is too dilute. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Big cause: is letting it sit out and reading it much later than it should have been read. ...Read more
Ectopic Pregnancy: Positive.Get a more detailed answer ›
Can a blood test give me a positive pregnancy result while an over-the-counter urine test gives me a negative result?
Yes : Certain tumors produce HCG and these will produce a false-positive pregnancy test even in a man. A chemical pregnancy (in which the conception is lost very early) might be considered a false-positive. I trust the specimen is not contaminated. Good luck; i hope that whatever comes next is what you want. ...Read more
Maybe: But the fta or mhtp should be negative. ...Read more
Yes: One subunit of pregnancy hormone HCG is structurally identical to the hormone that is measured in the ovulation prediction kits (luteinizing hormone) and most home tests don't differentiate between the 2 hormones, so yes, pregnancy can give a false + for ovulation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No. Not even close.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a home pregnancy test give a false positive?
- Can a pregnancy test give a false positive result?
- What can give a false positive pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can loestrin 24 give you a false positive on a pregnancy test?
- What could give a false positive pregnancy test?
- Will ovarian cysts give false positive on pregnancy test
- What can give a false positive on a drug test?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online