Doctor insights on:
Can A Pinhole Test Determine If You Have Lazy Eye Or Not
Not definitively: Pinhole helps to test for any refractive error, and can help predict best potential acuity (pap). Lazy eye amblyopia is defined: DX of exclusion, once the visual pathway is determined to be ok but the vision is still limited due to developmental changes in the brain visual cortex. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No single test: A lazy eye, or amblyopia, is caused when the eye does not develop a solid connection to the brain in childhood. This is discovered when the vision is reduced in one eye. The doctor will then perform tests to make sure there is no health problem in the eye explaining the decrease in vision and to look for the reason the connection did not form well in the first place. ...Read more
Check vision: Determine best corrected vision, and eye exam looking for any abnormalities. Hints such as anything unequal or severely depressed for both eyes helps to see if there is a limited weaker eye. Depending on the age, vision can be tested in different manners, i.e. Flash vep. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe: Therapy for amblyopia depends greatly on your age. If you are a child less than 7-8 years of age there is good potential for permanent visual improvement. Older than this, therapeutic benefits decline but may still be attained up through the teenage years. Of course, getting the best glasses or contact lenses can help as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a lazy eye from being too tired or sleepy?
- How can you tell if you have a cut in your mouth or herpes?
- How soon can a beta hcg tell if you are pregnant or not?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you tell if you have a lazy eye?
- Can you watch tv if you have a sty in your eye?
- How can you tell if you have torn cartilage or a muscle in your knee?
- Can you have a thyroid condition even if the blood test is normal?
- Talk to a pediatrician online