Doctor insights on:
Can A Person With Hepatitis B Virus Go Abroad
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
Could a person with hepatitis C transmit the hepatitis b virus to someone else through unprotected sex?
I just want to ask if the hepatitis B virus reactive person whose a carrier could still be remove in the body?
No: Practice normal hygiene and avoid exchanging of bodily fluids. ...Read more
Virus is just there.: Carrier status=you have the virus in your body but fortunately is not causing any problem for you. Your body is somehow keeping the virus well-behaved and no affecting your liver. However, you can still transmit the virus .I.E via needle sharing/body fluid, or from mother to child in utero or birth. Make sure you follow doc regular to make sure it does not turn active. Get vaccinated. Good luck. ...Read more
Yes: Most people recover completely with no residual infection. They develop a positive surface antibody (hbsab) and lose their surface antigen (hbsag). However, about 10% go on to develop chronic hepatitis, maintaining their hbsag. In such cases, cure isn't possible, but the infection can be treated with medications that will help to prevent complications. ...Read more
Can be lifetime : Most people clear HBV within several weeks but some never clear it especially if acquired neonatally. ...Read more
Hepatitis b is a viral liver disease. Until vaccines were developed this was a very common cause of hepatitis, and still is in some countries. Hep b is a progressive chronic disease which can lead to cirrhosis and also to cancer of the liver. It is also implicated in the causation ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can korean red ginseng help in healing patients with hepatitis b virus?
- Can a person with a pacemaker go swimming?
- Hepatitis b virus surface antigen can be used in a n
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can a person live after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- How long can a person live with a leaky heart valve my mom has one?
- Life expectancy with a pacemaker
- Can a person with kidney problems take cialis or viagra?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free