Doctor insights on:
Can A Person With Filariasis Still Donate Blood
Elephantiasis is gross enlargement of limb or areas of the trunk or head. There is abnormal accumulation of watery fluid in the tissues (lymph) causing severe swelling. The skin is usually thickened, cobble stone appearance and may become ulcerated sometimes with fever, chills.Rare disorder mainly in africa casused by parasities. This is related to blockage ...Read more
Yes: There is no reason there is no reason they could not. ...Read more
Unlikely: As a group, those conditions may predispose to reactions in the recipients. BUT, should not give up without calling the Red Cross and asking about your specific situation: 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). ...Read more
Usually...can check:: Depends on the exact shot. Can call the American Red Cross for advice on such things at: 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) ...Read more
I got a small tattoo exactly a year ago, can I still donate blood or give blood to a relative in need with the same blood type?
12 mo deferral: Since the blood bank cannot attest to the sterilization and cleanliness practices of every tattoo shop, they impose a temporary disqualification of 12 months after receiving a tattoo. If you are now >1 year out, should not have any problem donating. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lymphatic filiarisis is a parasitic infection of the lymph system. The parasitic worm is spread by mosquito bites in the tropical areas of asia, africa and other places. The worm blocks the lymph flow which then causes swelling (typically of legs and pelvic areas) you need to live in infected areas a long time to catch this, tourists are not at risk. It is ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a person who had dengue hemorrhagic fever donate blood?
- Can a person with beta thalassemia trait be a blood donor?
- Can you still be pregnant with a negative blood test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after a person stops taking tamoxifen can they donate blood?
- Can a person with diabetes donate sperm?
- Can you donate blood with a pituitary tumor?
- Can you donate blood with a history of proctitis?
- Talk to a transfusion specialist online for free