Doctor insights on:
Can A Person Lose His Leg If He Has A Venous Ulcer And It Gets Infected
Unlikely: It is very unlikely to lose a leg from a venous ulcer. They are very painful and cause significant discoloration of the ankles. You are far more likely to require an amputation from an arterial ulcer. The best way to treat an infected venous ulcer is with antibiotics and compression dressings. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have a infected, venous ulcer on the bottom inside leg, just above my ankle. What treatments are there?
2cm ulcer on middle, front lower leg. Swollen leg, red around wound. Does heal! looks like venous ulcer. But gp says ezcema. And he knows best right?
See vein specialist: Leg ulcers are often caused by chronic venous insufficiency which is a problem that causes to much pressure to be in the veins near the skin. A venous specialist can diagnose and treat this condition. Our cure rate with venous ulcers is 97%. If it is infected I would recommend seeing a physician ASAP as these infections can progress quickly due to poor circulation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Leeches leg ulcers: Leeches can be effective when an area has venous congestion; the leeches withdraw the blood from the congested area. Medicinal leeches are different than those obtained elsewhere. There are no studies of value showing that they help with infection. ...Read more
Vein ulcers: There are limited studies showing whether any supplements help with this disease process. There is some positive literature concerning horse chestnut seed extract. While this is available in healthfood stores, the production (and quality) cannot be guaranteed, making specfic recommendations for these supplements difficult as to brand and strength. Consult with your wound specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a person get his leg amputated because of an infected splinter?
- Can a person have another aneurysm if he has had surgery to repair his aorta?
- Can a person continue to work a warehouse job if he has atrial fibrillation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you explain the difference between venous and arterial leg ulcers?
- Can medical leech therapy help someone with infected leg ulcers?
- Talk to a dermatologist online