Doctor insights on:
Can A Person Have Another Aneurysm If He Has Had Surgery To Repair His Aorta
Yes: Yes. Other segments of the aorta can become aneurysmal, or other arteries such as the iliac or popliteal arteries, or even arteries of the brain. The most common non-cranial aneurysm is the aorta below the kidneys. This is most common in men >65 who have ever smoked. Brain / cerebral aneurysms can occur at any age and are slightly more common in women. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if my brother had heart surgery 6 days ago for aneurysm, his aorta was about to burst and repaired yet however tp?
When can patients resume their activities after aortic aneurysm repair surgery using deep hypothermic circulatory arrest technique?
Surgical approach?: The incision used will dictate activity rather than the use of dhca. I would assume you had a sternotomy (through the breastbone). You should lift no more than 5-10# for 2-3 months until the underlying bone heals, after which you should be able to resume normal activity. Have this discussion with your surgeon who should outline the plan for return to full activity. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have to undergo possible surgery for a aneurysm on my aorta what is the average time and stay in the hospital for such a procedure?
Could my abdominal mesh from hernia repair pose issues when I have my upcoming thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery (can this area be avoided?)
I've had open heart surgery about 8 years ago, aneurism repair and metal aortic valve replacement. INR is 2.1(low),I wake up with blood in mouth, dark?
Contact your MD: Based on your health history and that fact that you have INR testing, you are likely taking warfarin or a different blood thinner in which case you should contact your doctor and let them know you are experiencing bleeding. It may also be a good idea to contact a dentist as it is not normal for your mouth to be bleeding and there may be an underlying teeth or gum problem causing this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How common is pneumonia and the need for dialysis after open heart surgery for a torn aorta due to an aneurysm and two blocked arteries?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a person who has had a kidney transplant still have bypass surgery?
- Can someone use a hyperbaric chamber if he or she has had an aortic aneurysm?
- Can a person lose his leg if he has a venous ulcer and it gets infected?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a patient have mouth surgery while he has oral thrush?
- Can you have a baby if you once had open heart surgery?
- How can a person have cirrhosis of the liver if he is not a drinker or drug user?
- Can someone have heart bypass surgery if his or her aorta is calcified?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free