Doctor insights on:
Can A Person Have An Allergy To Whole Eggs But Not Egg Whites
Essentially no: All of the antigens in the egg white will obviously be in the whole egg. However, some of the proteins are denatured enough by cooking to allow patients that are allergic to raw egg to be able to eat cooked egg. A blood test may help in determining if this is likely in an individual patient. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
NO: Almost 100% of individuals allergic to egg are allergic to egg white or ovoalbumin. A small percentage can tolerate egg yolk; it is safest to avoid all egg products. Recent reports suggest that egg-allergic children might tolerated baked eggs, however it is not straightforward to predict who these semi-tolerant children might be. ...Read more
You may or may not: Cross react.Get a more detailed answer ›
What to do if I have whole egg, wheat, cow's milk, cashew, almond, shellfish mix, legume mix and soya bean allergy and I am diabet?
What to do if I have whole egg,wheat,cow's milk,cashew,almond,shellfish mix,legume mix and soya bean allergy and I am diabet?
I've eaten eggs my whole life, but now at 25 i get horrible stomach pain. No antacids help. Did i develop an egg allergy?
Unlikely: Unlikely that you are allergic to eggs, but you can always get it checked with an allergist. Rather try egg white without the egg yolk, you may be unable to digest the fat in the egg yolk. Any problems with other fatty foods? Any gall bladder issues? ...Read more
Many dogs few tricks: Symptoms of food allergy are the same regardless of the food - immediate (anaphylactic) hives around the mouth, 2 hours later all over. Swollen lips, tongue, face, eyelids. Expect nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, choking, coughing, difficulty breathing, sense of doom, lightheadedness, loss of consciousness. When not life-threatening as above chronic exposure may exacerbate eczema. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use flumist if i have an allergy to eggs?
- Can i feed my child baked goods with eggs in them if they have a minor allergy to them?
- Can an allergy to eggs cause a burning feeling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can having hypothyroidism cause a woman not to have an orgasm?
- How can a person get rid of allergy symptoms without having to take pills?
- Can hypoestrogenism cause a women not to have an orgasm?
- Can hypotestosteronism cause a women not to have an orgasm?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free