Doctor insights on:
Can A Person Have A Heart Attack And An Ekg Not Detect It
Electrocardiogram (ecg, ekg) is a print-out of the electrical forces detected by electrodes on the chest wall, as electricity travels through the heart with each heart beat. The electrodes are placed in different positions, and each position "sees" the electrical activity of the heart from its own vantage point. Abnormalities in signal detected at chest surface ...Read more
A normal EKG: Because some areas of the heart are electrically silent, one can have a full blown heart attack with an entirely normal ekg. When the ekg is destined to become abnormal, it often lags, not showing changes early on: hence the need for "serial ekgs" (done daily). The adage "treat the patient, not the ekg" hasn't changed over the years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Occurs: It happens al the time, that is why cardiac enzymes are measured in the blood. Subendocardial infarcts which are the most common, may present with normal or near normal electrocardiograms. If at the emergency room when the heart attack occurs, cardiac enzymes may still be normal. It takes 4 hours of myocardial death for troponins to begin rising. Clinical suspicion, infarct syndrome, cardiaccath. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had an EKG a week ago that looked good. Is it likely to have a heart attack after a recent clear ekg?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i have a heart attack and not know it?
- Is it possible for a person having a heart attack and not know it?
- Can u have a heart attack and not know it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a person have herpes and not know it?
- Could i have a heart attack and not know it
- Can you have a heart attack and not know?
- Can you have a heart attack with a normal ekg?
- Talk to a cardiologist online